2 replies to this topic

#1 wouter84

wouter84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hello everybody,

I`d like to write something about my scope, i bought 2 months ago. second hand at www.astromarket.org in Belgium.

The skywatcher 200 pds arrived nicesly pakket.

The first impression when i got the scope out was: "Oooh my god, it is big,,,,,"

The second impression was to be a proud owner of it!!!!

The content of the box was the 200 pds, tube rings, and a 9x50 finderscope with holder. and a vixen tail.

The oculairs wasn`t included because second hands.

The tube was lighter then I thought when I saw it.

With tube rings attached 8.8 kg.

I`m using a celestron advanced gt mount (eq5) so the payload should be no problem even with a dslr or other heavy cam attach to it, this is the

main reason i bought this scope. and i`m more of a newton man.

So after the first shock off being very very happy, i told my wife you look after the kid today because i am one too!!!

I attach the scope on the mount and really no problems.

After a few days there was the first change to take it out!

Setting up went quickly, one thing to mension, the finderscope has 2 screws and 1 with a spring, this made the finderscope very easy to use

and fast to point it right.

So after alligning the mount, i could see trough it for the first time. And i must see WOW!!! what a clean view.

I use Celestron plössl oculairs and with my last scope the 12, 8, 6 mm was very hard to see something trough, but with the skywatcher no problem.

The amount of detail was beautiful.

So on the next step. the eyepiece holder is a 2 inch with a 1.25 inch adapter. I screwed this off and put my camera with a t2 ring for 2 inch in the scope.

With my last scope i couldn`t get the camera into to focus point, but with the sky-wacther no problem. (only i wish i had a camera with live-view)

gallery_490_67_1146565.jpg

this is the first picture with the scope.

I must say, its not bad.

The scope also has a dual speed focusser, very handy with tiny adjusments.

But I found one problem with it.

If u turn the focusser to far back, it will fall about 1 cm bakc to the tube, it feels like the wheels do not touch all the way, so i`m thinking about changing it for a willems optics dual speed.

The rest of the focusser runs smooth and precize, there`s also a brake on, very handy with a heavy camera.

One other thing i would like on it, is a scale with numbers, so you can write it down and the next time u can set it faster at the good focussing point.

Now I have used the scope a few times, with a lot off moving it, but the collimation stays good!!!

If u had to adjust it, it can be very easy be done.

The bobnops, are good to use, and there`s a little round in the center of the primairy mirror, I haven`t done it yet, but don`t expect many problems.

Now i`m saving money to buy a new camera and hopefully i can make nice pictures like the rest of you guys.

A little bit more information of the scope, i got this form a website.

Specifications:

Optics Type Reflector Type of build Newton Aperture (mm) 200 Focal length (mm) 1000 Aperture ratio 5 Resolving capacity 0,58 Limit value (mag) 13,3 Light gathering capacity 820 Max. useful magnification 400 Tube weight (kg) 8,8 Reflector Main mirror´s construction parabolic Eyepiece holder Type of build Crayford Connection ( to eyepiece) 2 Gear reduction 1:10 Fine movement Mount Type of build OTA Mounting type no mount GoTo control no Tracking no Included accessories 2'' eyepieces 28mm Finder scope 9x50 Eyepiece adaptor 1.25" - 2" General Series Explorer Area of application Moon & Planets yes Nebulae & galaxies yes Nature observation no Astrophotography yes Sun not recommended (Only with appropriate Sun filter) recommended for Beginners yes Advanced yes Experienced amateurs no

I would recommend this scope, it has a good price and if u don`t mind the weight you will have a good sighting with it.

Hope you i giving enough information, questions are welcome!!!

gallery_490_65_22026.jpg

• klaatu2u likes this

My setup:  Sky-Watcher 200 pds, Sky-Watcher NEQ6 PRO, Canon 40D Full Spectrum, A.P.T Software, Synguider, Photoshop CS6, Deepskystacker

:P That`s all folks

wish all of u clean skies :D

#2 klaatu2u

klaatu2u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Wouter,

That is a fantastic write up you made, thank you.  Nice pictures you added as well.  Hope you have many more clear nights under the stars with your new setup :)

Jim in Portland, OR.  Some images I've taken

14" Orion goto Dob that amazes me for visual, Lots of eyepieces, and a few binoculars

A few nice refractors and 8300M CCD with full set Astrodon filters 5nm Ha, 3nm SII and OIII -->Veloce RH200 f/3 on order :)

A 'ROR' and a concrete pier in my white LP zone backyard observatory where I image from (yes, in the city!)

TheSky6, Skytools3 pro, MaxImDL pro, Photoshop CS5, PSP7 with PhotoX2, many shelves of Guides, Atlas, handbooks, you name it...

#3 wouter84

wouter84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thank you very much Jim :rolleyes:

My setup:  Sky-Watcher 200 pds, Sky-Watcher NEQ6 PRO, Canon 40D Full Spectrum, A.P.T Software, Synguider, Photoshop CS6, Deepskystacker

:P That`s all folks

wish all of u clean skies :D