Jupiter in December 2013

Jupiter Mewlon M250 December 2013

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Darth Takahashi_*

Guest_Darth Takahashi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

At the end of the imaging run on M45, I switch out the telescope to have a go at Jupiter. This time the Mewlon had been out for at least 3 hours cooling down and was ready to go. unfortunately, as is usually the case, the Jetstream didn't cooperate? Still undetermined I setup and Jupiter looked very good. It was at its best for me from around 02:30 in the morning from which point the conditions slowly degraded.

Jupiter-N05P12H13.jpg

By about 03:30 I had had enough this the conditions were not a lot worse than when I started and I couldn't see them improving.

Here about you can find a collarge of the Jupiters that I have taken between 02:30 and 03:30 on the 05/12/2013.

One day everything is going to be perfect and I'm going to get the best Jupiter image in my life... I just hope that I live long enough to see that day!

Clear Skies

Darth(Neil.)

#2 tich

tich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Still plenty of detail showing on there Neil nice one, I were out last night imaging Jupiter using the 6"SCT so I'm keen about seeing the results after I've finished processing the video footage. Hopefully they will be worthy of a posting.

• Neil likes this

Skywatcher ED80, Skywatcher 250P, Skywatcher ST80, Celestron C6 SCT,
Zenith 10x50 Bins, NEQ6 Pro & EQ5, Canon 1000D Unmodded & Modded Canon 1000D, QHY5L-II & Philips SPC.
Various Hyperion Eyepieces & MKII Zoom Plus Other Scopes & Bits & Bobs.
darksite2_zps11a734b0.gif
http://centralmidlandstargazers.com/

#3 Guest_Darth Takahashi_*

Guest_Darth Takahashi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Lets hope so, I had the Jetstream over me last night. for the most part it was orange in colour turning red as the day went on, which was born out by my results. 

02:30 was the best it got and it slowly got worse until there was no point in continuing...

Anyway lets hope you have some nice AVI's to process.

Good luck, Darth(Neil.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jupiter, Mewlon, M250, December 2013