• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ALF

ALF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Good afternoon all, I have been a member now for about a week and thought it was time to introduced myself. I have been into astronomy for about 2 1/2 years now, i started with the observing side of the hobby with a 150p then got aperture fever and got a much larger scope but only after a short time i found that i really wanted to do imaging and so started on the long and slippery path. I have now been imaging for 18 months  and really have been enjoying my results and the learning curve, if some times it has been very frustrating.

clear skies  ALF.

• Neil likes this

#2 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hi Alf

And welcome to the forum, I apologise for missing you posting... Its only recently that we have had to turn on first post moderation since the spammers have found us!!!

Aperture fever is a very expensive and dangerous illness, it will definitely empty your wallet.

In my humble opinion there is very little point in going bigger that 10 or 12 inches, that is unless you really have a yearning to buy a circus canon - 20 inch DOB?

Good luck and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Clear Skies

Neil.

#3 Andromeda

Andromeda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Location3rd Rock from the Sun (The Netherlands)

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hi Alf,

A warm welcome to this astroforum! Looking forward to your posts.

Greetings from the Netherlands

#4 WarriorsDrink

WarriorsDrink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hello ALF good to have to on board

It would be good to see some of the images you have managed to capture so far :)

#5 ALF

ALF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

thanks for the welcome guys. I think the images are a long way off of being posted just yet, still have a lot of work to be done on them.  :)

• Neil and Andromeda like this

#6 sloz1664

sloz1664

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLong Eaton, Nottingham. UK

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hi Alf,

Nice to see a fellow astro imager.

any insight into your imaging equipment etc....

cheers

Steve

Tal 200K f8.5, AA80 ED Triplet, WO Star71, Avalon Linear FREQModQHY8 Pro, Atik 460exm, SX H9 Mono, SX Lodestar2, QHY5L-II, SPC900NC.
Tru-Tek SSIII Electric Filter WheelFilters: Astronomik LRGB, Ha, SII, OIII (6nm). Pulsar Dome.
East Midland Stargazers. TAL Users Group.

#7 ALF

ALF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hi Steve, my imaging equipment is nothing special i'm afraid,  I have  heq5, Equinox 80mm scope, ST80 guide scope, QHY5 guide camera, 1100d main camera and a Televue TRF2008 ff/fr. I have just finished a couple of images that i took with this equipment. I would welcome any constructive criticism from any one, as it can only help me to get better with my processing. the first is the flaming star nebula and the second is the california nebula.finished.jpg stacked_DBEstf+aggre+stretch+acdnr.jpg

• Andromeda likes this

Thank you for your interest in our Astronomy Forum...
It looks like you haven't joined us yet?
Why don't you register to get all the features of being a member! Its free!