The Bubble NGC7635

Mewlon Takahashi NGC7635 The Bubble Nebula

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Darth Takahashi_*

Guest_Darth Takahashi_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

Well the obsy is starting to pay dividens. Here is the first colour image of the Bubble nebula. It more than 3 hour of HA combined with approx 4 hours of RGB. I'm really pleased with the level of detail that I have managed to achieve on the bubble itself. I have never managed to image the twisted note of nebulosuiy within the bubble itself until now.

Bubble-HARGB.jpg

Bubble-HARGB-crop.jpg

I have used the MAX method to add the HA data to the red channel of the image. This works very well for me. The final processing was done in Photoshop where I normally set the background to around 15,15, 25 (RGB) since this always looks nicer when posting them up on the internet.

Tomorrow, I'll load up the different nights for comparison. The HA really did vary quite a bit and I have only used the good data in the final image. Now that I have an obsy I'm finally getting more sellective regarding the data that I use. Normally its a case of I have shot it and I'm dam well going to use it!!!

Clear Skies

Darth(Neil.)

#2 tich

tich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

Lovely image Neil glad the observatory is doing its job as I'd imagine you are set up & ready to go in minutes now. I'd love one myself but current location & having shared access would be a bit of a no no for me.

• Neil likes this

Skywatcher ED80, Skywatcher 250P, Skywatcher ST80, Celestron C6 SCT,
Zenith 10x50 Bins, NEQ6 Pro & EQ5, Canon 1000D Unmodded & Modded Canon 1000D, QHY5L-II & Philips SPC.
Various Hyperion Eyepieces & MKII Zoom Plus Other Scopes & Bits & Bobs.
darksite2_zps11a734b0.gif
http://centralmidlandstargazers.com/

#3 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

Maybe one day Tich, its taken me until I was 48 to finally do it? The obsy build also wasn't the easies with the demands coming from the other half but finally its all worth it in the end. It great being finally able to park the telescope and simple unpark and find the target first go. This sounds stupid but having an obsy also forces you to be selective with your targets. Those walls ensure that you never consder imaging below 30 degrees etc...

#4 RickS

RickS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Looks great, Neil!  Stars are little out of round?

I'd love an obsy one day and when I have the time I'd like an automated set up out somewhere nice and dark.  The scope I'm sharing at SRO is ticking along nicely now.  Another one in the Southern Hemisphere is all I want  ;)

Cheers,

Rick.

• Neil likes this

#5 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

Looks great, Neil!  Stars are little out of round?

I'd love an obsy one day and when I have the time I'd like an automated set up out somewhere nice and dark.  The scope I'm sharing at SRO is ticking along nicely now.  Another one in the Southern Hemisphere is all I want  ;)

Cheers,

Rick.

Yep, I'm still struggling with the tracking. MaxIm DL5 get disturbed to easily by the sky conditions so at some point I'm going to experiment with another program. That's also the benefit of the obsy, I don't mind investing some time in another tool, since I'm winning back so much of my time now.

I don't know whether or not its a quirk of MaxIm but I alway try to select a nice tight / dimmer star during the calibration process, however, sometimes it refuses my selection and uses its own criteria???

The trouble is, I'm guiding the Mewlon at 1750mm with a WO FL72 with a FL of 432mm and an ATIK 16IC, therefore, it the star is a little too bloated my tracking suffers even though graph looks smooth. Something to work on! What are you using to guide Rick?

Clear Skies

Neil.

#6 RickS

RickS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:53 AM

I'm guiding with Maxim, Neil, but using ACP so it picks the guide star.  That's with an OAG.  I wouldn't use a guide scope at long FL unless I had no choice.

I've found Maxim guiding pretty bullet proof but it can take some tweaking of parameters.

Cheers,

Rick.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mewlon, Takahashi, NGC7635, The Bubble Nebula