Hi, if you wan't to make a light and sturdy felt lined dew shield for under 5 pounds, heres how I did mine.
- 1x A4 piece of black craft foam
- 1x A5 Jet black felt
- 1x pack of velcro
- 1x Roll of double sided tape
- Craft Knife
- Metal ruler or anything with a straight metal edge
- Tape measure
- Cut the felt in half so when you put
the two bits together its enough to reach around the circumference of
the ED80's dew shield.
- Lay strips of double sided tape on one side of the craft foam\
- Stick the felt to the foam and place heavy books ontop and leave for a few minutes.
strips of double sided tape half way along the remainder of the bare
foam and fold the foam over onto the tape, again weighting down with
- Wrap the foam around the ED80 so you can measure and cut to length
the velcro onto the foam remembering to put strips on opposite sides
and ends so when you bend the foam into a tube the two bits of velcro
- Wrap it around the end of your scope and enjoy!
I hope this helps anyone who wants to make their own:)