7 replies to this topic

#1 Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hello All,

I received this new kit about a week ago and as luck would have it the clouds have not shifted since!! Anyway I thought I'd post some images of the set up for those who have not yet seen this mount. Obviously I have not had chance to test it out yet but I have done some slewing (as you do!) and it is so quiet and smooth it's fantastic. I no longer need to worry about waking up my wife at 3am or the neighbours for that matter! I shall post more reports once I've had chance to try it out.

Cheers :)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC08961.JPG
  • DSC08963.JPG
  • DSC08966.JPG
  • DSC08968.JPG
  • DSC08975.JPG
  • DSC08976.JPG
  • DSC08977.JPG
  • DSC08978.JPG
  • DSC08981.JPG
  • DSC08982.JPG
  • DSC08983.JPG
  • DSC08990.JPG
  • DSC08993.JPG
  • DSC08996.JPG

#2 DENEB

DENEB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

It really looks the biz, It would be nice if you could write a little review of the scope in the review section & if you would be kind enough to present something like a youtube video of it slewing would be great.

Cheers

Nadeem.

Edited by DENEB, 25 March 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#3 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Wow... thats definitely worth 3 months of clouds. :( But I hope not for all of our sakes!  :D

The new mount looks to have been really beefed up. The polar scope looks great too. This is the new belt driven mount, isn't?

Excellent set of images, I'm sure that everyone will be drooling over them soon, please upload a video of it slewing!

I'll bet that your musses wasn't home when you were playing? ;)

Clear Skies

Neil.

#4 Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hi Nadeem,

Thank you and of course as soon as I get to use it and for sure I'll do a video.  I saw this on You Tube myself which promted me to buy it.  It is not set up now but next time I do I'll video it.

Cheers

Karl

#5 Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Neil,

She was actually in bed! I have two young ones as well with one being only 3 months old so I was risking my a..! However none of them heard a thing it really is that quiet. I had a dob before so this type of mount is new to me. The polar scope is illuminated I believe. I will do a vid as soon as possible but tonight is out I'm afraid :(

Cheers

Karl

#6 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Understand... Don't push it on our behave, I been there and got the T-shirt, my two boys are grown up now!

Well actually, their just older, I don't know when they will ever grow up! My wife says that I haven't grown up yet! :lol:

Clear Skies

Neil.

#7 Starlock

Starlock

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Well done that man! B) Looks great, its almost got that stormtrooper look about it which can't be bad! So glad it looks like they've beefed up a lot of the adjusters especially the alt adjustment with heavier duty tommy bars, The everall build qaulity looks like a step up and I didn't know these were belt driven! by by backlash  :) 

#8 Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanks Chris,

I'm pleased you all like it so let's see how it performs hopefully sooner rather than later! 

Cheers :)