#1 klaatu2u

klaatu2u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Well, all I need is some clear skies, converted my TEC back to visual just so I can get some ep time in on it next time it's clear.  I use an Astro-Physics telecompressor that fits inside my focuser and haven't had great fun getting it to work visually.  Just a question to throw out to you folks but my skies are often best, by that I mean the most stable for this in the early morning up until civil twilight.  Used to be winter(Nov-Feb) was my favorite time for this, large still cold airmass that was like a window - but it's now been years since we've experienced that phenomenon.

Jim in Portland, OR.  Some images I've taken

14" Orion goto Dob that amazes me for visual, Lots of eyepieces, and a few binoculars

A few nice refractors and 8300M CCD with full set Astrodon filters 5nm Ha, 3nm SII and OIII -->Veloce RH200 f/3 on order :)

A 'ROR' and a concrete pier in my white LP zone backyard observatory where I image from (yes, in the city!)

TheSky6, Skytools3 pro, MaxImDL pro, Photoshop CS5, PSP7 with PhotoX2, many shelves of Guides, Atlas, handbooks, you name it...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Saturn, stable skies, visual

Thank you for your interest in our Astronomy Forum...
It looks like you haven't joined us yet?
Why don't you register to get all the features of being a member! Its free!