• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Starflyer

Starflyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

I've found this to be extremely useful, it covers topics from colour management and calibration, through masking techniques, noise reduction, star control, LRGB and channel mixing, mosaics and sharpening all the way through to preparing your images for print or digital publication.  A very in-depth book that explains processing in easy to follow steps with a CD of example images provided for you to practice with.

It's quite hard to find these days, try Kieran at SCS Astro - that's where I bought my copy from a couple of years ago.

ISBN: 978-0-943396-85-9

372.jpg

• Andromeda likes this

#2 Neil

Neil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yes, fully agree, I also have this book, its extremely useful for those who have invested a lot of time in Photoshop. The examples are very clear and well written and the CR-ROM is invaluable, especially with our weather conditions, enough examples here for you to play around with, which is of course the best way to learn - by doing.

Regards

Neil.

#3 Captain Tweaky

Captain Tweaky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationSouthampton, UK

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

I bought this as it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for - and I suspect it probably is full of really essential methods, suggestions and processes. And here's the inevitable BUT, I have found it quite heavy going. There are plenty of screen-shots, images and examples so it should be quite straight forward, but if what you're doing doesn't, for some reason, coincide with his examples then you're left a bit out on a limb.

I still feel that there is a lot to learn from the book and I need to have another crack at it, but I've been saying that for almost a year now!!!

Yours aye - Cap'n

• Andromeda likes this

Captain Tweaky

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon; And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too; I'll see you on The Dark Side of the Moon

My Flickr site for all my astro images - and other stuff, if you'd care to take a look!

Thank you for your interest in our Astronomy Forum...
It looks like you haven't joined us yet?
Why don't you register to get all the features of being a member! Its free!